Monday, October 12, 2009

Through The Storm

The wind swirls,
The dust rises, heat drips
Upon my brow.

Only the sporadic images
Of my mind
Uplifts my spirits.

Walking towards them,
Heart beating loud,
I silently wish
I’d rise up like a cloud-

Or to fly over sea
Like the beautiful dove,
Flying high,
By and by.

Amidst the desert,
A mirage reappears,
Is it real? I cannot
Tell. So I continue
On and on.

It taste like
Water, pure from rain,
Then it dries up,
Into a small
Piece of grain.

The passing lizard laughs,
He sees me fallen,
Abandoned,
In tears...
But forward I
Continue, forward,
On and on.

The cactus forgos water,
Stores nourishment inside,
When it is in need,
It looks only to itself to thrive.

The dust blows into my eyes,
Blinded, I cannot see,
But I continue to move forward,
Crawling hand,
Foot, & knee.

Through the storm
I travel. The mirages
Reappear, this time
No longer a dream.

I think
After it all,
I am here.

No comments: