Saturday, October 17, 2009

If I Told You...

Why is it that I am so
Afraid to tell you my heart’s desire?
The times I tried,
Then endless days I cried-
The moments I suddenly wish away.

I wonder if I told you
What my soul had to say,
The secrets that yearn to be
Set free, would you leave me today?

There is much to know
That I cannot hide, the things I want to
Express-
I wonder if you knew them all
Would you leave me alone?

There are moments I think
When I look into your eyes,
As the words begin to formulate-
I know I must do it, I must speak now,
Before it’s way too late.

The day’s I sighed, the times
I lied, are all things
Your ears must hear- I wish I could
Hush these daunting screams,
I wonder if you’d care.

Because if in telling my very all,
What my heart pours and pours-
Uncovered, unseen, locked away,
Will make you leave me now-
I’ll sit here thinking if it was love at all,
And if it was, then how?

Crushing and chewing, eating me
Alive, I’ll die before they will.
An end does not exist, these words
I fathom, live and live and thrive.

I wonder if I told you it all,
Would you even care-
Could the things I’d never say,
Cause your love to simply pass away?

No comments: